Date: December 9-10, 2017
24 HOUR COURSE: Registration opens 8/01/2017
Early Bird Registration (ends on Sept. 1st): $195 per racer
Right On Time Registration (ends on Oct. 1st): $220 per racer
Getting Close to Late Registration (ends on Nov. 1st): $245 per racer
Now I’m Late Registration (After Nov. 1st): $275 per racer
24 Hour – Race Course
The 2017 Raid the Rock long course will be a 24 hour adventure race that covers approximately 100 miles of wilderness terrain mountain biking, trekking/running, canoeing and rope elements. Teams or solo racers will navigate the entire course with a map and compass.
Guaranteed to be an unforgettable experience!
There will be multiple race divisions – 3 person, 2 person, and solo. Subdivisions of the 3 person category will be the premier, masters, and open divisions.
- The Premier Division will be 3 person co-ed teams for the 24 hour course only.
- The Masters Division will be 3 person co-ed teams for the 24 hour course only.
- To qualify for the Masters Division, every member of the team must be at least 40 years old.
- All other team combinations will fall into the Open Division. There are no age limits for team members.
- There is one Solo Division for each race. Solo racers racing in the 24 hour race must submit a resume to the Raid the Rock race directors before registering. Racer must be at least sixteen (16) years of age to participate in the Solo Division. The same rules apply to solo racers as team racers.
Support crews are OPTIONAL for the 24 hour course.
** Only the winners of the Premier Division and the 24 hour Solo will have their names added to “The Rock”.
Other Race Information
Team check-in and gear/skills check for all races will be from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm on December 8th at a location to be announced the week of the race. Required skills/equipment tests will be held during registration. Teams will be required to demonstrate adequate rope and navigational skills and have all mandatory gear present for inspection. All team members must be present at the check in, please contact the race director if other arrangements need to be made. The pre-race meeting will begin as soon as all teams have completed check-in. Teams will get the appropriate amount of race course details at the pre-race meeting. The exact location and time will be announced in the Team Captains Letter emailed out approximately 1-week before the event.
The exact start times will also be announced at the pre-race meeting. Support crews will get their instructions at the pre-race meeting and/or as determined by the race organization. The pre-race meeting starts at approximately 6:00 pm (as soon as gear checks and team check-in is completed) on December 8th.
The after party and awards ceremony will be held at a location and time to be announced the week of the race. Additional meal tickets can be purchased for $10 each during registration.
Registration fees include:
- Raid the Rock shirt for each racer
- Finishing awards for every finishing team
- Awards and prizes for the top 3 finishing teams in each division
- Post Race Dinner for each team member and two Support Crew members
- Use of the provided canoe and paddles
- Land use fee
- Entry into one great race!
Pre-Race Skills Testing
At least one person on the team should be able to easily orient a map using a compass, identify basic map features, determine bearing given a direction of travel, plot UTM grid coordinates, and follow instructions. Teams will be required to demonstrate basic rope skills for rappelling and traversing a safety line. Teams will be required to read and sign that they have read and understand all the race rules.
Downtown Little Rock and North Little Rock have a wide variety of hotel services.
There is camping at nearby Burns Parks and Lake Maumelle Park.
The following sponsors are giving a 10% discount to all Raid the Rock participants: